Thanks for visiting us!
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of our page to find a list of weekly ongoing activities &
kids eat free nights! Check out our "Pages" to find recipes, crafts and more!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Just for Mom Monday!

We aren’t just ALL about kids…Today is “Just for Mom Monday”!
Did you eat too many Peeps yesterday? Apparently, there are 160 calories in 5 of those little boogers and I won't admit to how many I ate! In an article received by email after I had already devoured a whole row of Peeps, Fitness Magazine offered me "14 Ways to Burn off Easter Candy". The subject glared at me and I thought to myself:  "REALLY??!? On Easter afternoon? Can't I just eat candy ONE DAY without being reminded that it has calories?!?!" BUT I clicked on the link and discovered that I could easily be redeemed for my reckless passion for Peeps. I loved the first tip because it not only related to burning off Peeps but it is something I already do with my kids who are 5 and 6 - "Bus Stop Boot Camp"! Play hopscotch with your kids today at the bus stop or challenge your kids to a jumping jack contest while you wait for the bus. 10-15 minutes of hopping or jacks and you are guilt free - it's as if those Peeps didn't happen :) Did you indulge in a  Reese's Peanut Butter Egg? Find out what you have to do to burn that one off: 14 Ways to Burn off Easter Candy .  

No comments: